Monday, June 7, 2021

Parents Visit, Yard Work, and Allergy Testing

Monday, May 31st, was Memorial Day. Thank you to all those who gave their lives for our freedoms. 


I've been watering the plants twice a day. It's a lot of work, but I really want them all to make it! Sometimes I leave the hose on and go inside for about 20 minutes while the bigger plants are getting water. Well, I forgot to turn off the hose and it ran ALL NIGHT! EEK!

[Super saturated!]

After Theo's bath, he kept pointing to his ears. I asked him if he wanted me to clean them and he smiled. So, I went and got a couple q-tips and proceeded to GENTLY clean out Theo's ears. He loved it! Silly kid!


Josh got home around 1:00 PM and my parents showed up at 1:30 PM. Of course, the guys wanted to work on the treadmill. That works for me 🙂


Turns out one of the screws broke. I guess that's what happens when it gets used 6 days a week for the last two years.



It was so nice having my parents in town! My dad and Josh worked hard on our yard and other projects around our house, my mom kept volunteering to watch Theo, and Josh and I were able to sneak away for a nice steak dinner!


[Papa and Theo]

We spent a lot of time at the hardware stores buying new flowers and lights for our yard.






I've been working hard on getting our Baltic Trip planned. Even though it's still 16 months out, there is a lot to do. I set up my computer to mirror on our TV, so we could go over the plans. BUT Holland America had different plans! Their website went down for a few hours. UGH! But the next day it was back up and running, so we could book our excursions! It's going to be a great trip and I'm so excited!


The Lakers had too many injuries this season and they got knocked out of the Playoffs by the Suns. Bummer. Hopefully we will do better next year!


[Installing new lights]

It looks so great! Thanks dad and Josh!




[Josh decided to paint the garage windows (some of them started to turn yellow)]


Every time I drive by the Minooka Creamery it is pretty packed! We decided to give it a try and their ice cream was delicious!


After ice cream, I went to meet with my new allergist and get tested. My first round of shots showed I had no allergies. We both knew that wasn't true (since I had been tested before), so they did some "under the skin" shots. 



Those were VERY reactive! So, the allergist prescribed me a new nasal spray, gave me a NetiPot, told me to get mattress and pillow encasings (already had the pillow ones), AND he recommended I start allergy shots for mold, dust mites, and tree pollen. Done and done!





[Going on a walk around the neighborhood!]


[Plenty of wrestling!]

[They found a snapping turtle on one of their walks]


[Grandma kisses!]

Thanks mom and dad for coming to visit! I appreciate all the babysitting and yard work you did! We look forward to hosting you again in August!

No comments: