Friday, November 12, 2021

Trying to be Involved in my Community & Disney Plus Day

Monday, November 8th, was Theo's final day of his COVID-19 exposure quarantine. YAY! We Zoomed with his class and worked on school work at home. 

[He's getting more comfortable with food]

[Dada helping Theo with his school work]


Because Theo gets up so early I actually like that the sun comes up earlier now. I'm sure I'm in the minority. Welcome to winter in the north! It gets dark early here!


My fitboard is upstairs in the family room and I will sometimes use it multiple times a day. I love jumping on it while I'm watching TV. I've had it for a few years and it finally cracked.


I love all of our red leaves!



[Theo and his adorable class on Halloween]

Art from school:







Josh has been working out in the corn fields for the last few months. This morning he got to witness this beautiful sunrise!


I've been on the hunt for good apple cider doughnuts and I have not been successful this year! But I came across these Oreo's at the store. I was tempted, but I'm still holding out for the real thing.


We have been putting food on Theo's spoon and encouraging him to feed himself. He's not into it, but he's not upset about it. So that's a win!


This week I attended two town meetings. One was on our future water crisis and where we should get our water from. It was on Zoom, which was good because it was boring! 😬 The second meeting was the Public Safety Committee. I wanted to attend this one because they were going to be talking about some dangerous intersections. I was the only person there besides the committee, but I'm glad I went. They are going to get some quotes from engineering about installing new signs at two of the intersections. I am looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

November 11th is Veterans Day. We love our veterans and are grateful for their service. I sent in a picture of Papa so Theo's school and they put a slide show together. It was fun to see his picture pop up!


[That's my Papa! He's so handsome!]


[We love our Tonies and Theo has a great collection!]

I talked to Theo's teacher because Theo's feeding therapist and I feel like it's time to have Theo participate in "snack time" at school. It would be good for him to see other kids eating and to smell all the smells. His teacher said he did well and played with his Cinnamon Toast Crunch.


[The most accurate ID photo ever taken]

Theo sat up in his cube chair for 17 MINUTES at OT! Ms. Laura was so excited to tell me all about it and we are so proud of his progress!


November 12th was Disney Plus Day. I watched their IG very closely for all the news. They announced some great new shows and movies for Disney and Pixar and some cool shows for NatGeo.



Honestly, I was just waiting for the Marvel and Star Wars news. We were hit with some AMAZING MCU news and I am so excited about all the new shows.


After the Marvel news we waited for Star Wars... but the only thing we got was a sizzle for the new Kenobi show (which actually leaked a few days ago). We were all pretty bummed, but hopefully we will get more Star Wars news from Celebration next May. We do have the Book of Boba Fett starting in December and three High Republic books coming out early next year, so that will have to hold us over until May.

What Theo is thankful for:

I just love this:

After Josh got home from work, I headed down to Indianapolis to meet Missy for a Girls Weekend! Woot woot!

No comments: