Monday, January 17, 2022

New Ramp, Pediatric General Surgeon, and Mariano's!

We bought this awesome ramp for Theo! It makes it easier to get him out the front door and to the bus.



[His usual "cold weather" look]


I can't get rid of these! So, my "Christmas Pots" have become "Winter Pots." I think it works!


On Tuesday, January 11th, we headed to Ottawa for Theo's yearly visit with the Pediatric General Surgeon. He checked on Theo's g-tube (looks great!) and we updated him on what Theo's been up to this last year. I also mentioned to him that Theo is going to have a Orchidopexy done by Urology. He looked at us and said, "Oh, you know, I can do that." WHAT?! Oh man! How come no one thought of the Pediatric General Surgeon when we were trying to get an appointment with the super busy Urology department. *Face palm* Oh well, the surgery is scheduled, so everything is fine. 

Josh and I have been able to spend time together while Theo is at school. It's been a lot of fun hanging out without Theo. One day we went on an adventure to find Theo some dairy-free yogurt. Our local store didn't have any, so we went to a store I've never been to before: Mariano's! Why has no one told me about this awesome store! We walked in and immediately saw the gelato bar, pizza bar, and smoothie bar. We walked through the store and found fresh sushi, cheese, fruit, and all kinds of delicious food! I'm so glad we stopped by here and I think I've discovered my new favorite grocery store!

[I only eat the muffin tops. Am I a monster?!]


[Theo's favorite spot. I don't get it.]




We got a head start on our Valentine's Day cards. Theo doesn't like coloring, but he did pretty well letting me help him sign all the cards for his cousins.


Theo also tried dairy-free yogurt again. He did so much better with it this time around. We are still brushing the food on Theo's lips (and then he licks them). But we have been "feeding" Milton with a spoon, so Theo can see that it's okay and not scary. He'll get there. It's just a slow process.


[Theo's always looking for his "dadada"]

On Sunday, January 16th, it was Braxton's birthday! Ally and Jessi took him bowling and it looks like they had a lot of fun! Happy birthday, sweet boy!




Yes, yes it does šŸ¤£

No comments: