Sunday, August 13, 2023

Birthdays and New Stove

It's our last FULL week at home before school starts!

Josh had some LONG days at work, while Theo and I played at home and went to therapy.

Monday, August 7th:

Theo was in a mood today, so I tried to keep him distracted, but it was hard. After his nap we went to PT.

[Taking big bites!]

Tuesday, August 8th: HAPPY BIRTHDAY THEO!

Theo turned 6 today! He is so loved!

For his birthday he got some new tonies and a lot of fun toys. Thanks Papa, Grandma, and Grammy Suzi for the kind gifts!







Wednesday, August 9th:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Josh bought me two books that were on my wishlist and then he told me that another gift was coming from eBay. I saw a charge on the credit card for $38 from eBay, so I figured it was something small and inexpensive. I told him I was proud of him for not spending too much money on me like he usually does. Little did I know that a Cal Kestis Limited Edition Legacy Lightsaber was on it's way!


This will make a fine addition to my collection! I know! I'm such a nerd!


Thanks Josh! I love it and the books!

And thanks to my parents for more books and to Katey and Emily who surprised me with cupcakes! There goes my diet! I can't wait to see them in October!


That day Theo had OT and then Feeding therapy and a Zoom with his dietitian. Later that evening one of the contractors stopped by with his plumber to look at our bathrooms. We are still waiting on quotes, but the bathroom renovation is going to be a HUGE project! This contractor said he was also going to stop by with his "tile guy" in a few days and he should be able to get us a quote in the next week or so.

Thursday, August 10th:

Theo and I went to run a few errands and then I took him to OT. We hired a local lint remover guy to come clean out our dryer vent. He said it was super gunky and he was about to clean it out really well. Last thing we need is a house fire! We also had a visit from TruGreen. They are supposed to take care of our grass, but they don't do a good job. We have bare spots, weeds, and crab grass. The final straw was when they came to aerate the lawn. They gouged the lawn in multiple places. It looked awful! They did this same thing last year, but they came out to fix it, so we gave them another chance. I am so done dealing with them! 



Friday, August 11th:

Theo and I had another long day at home and then we went to PT. Theo was in a better mood at therapy, but he still got a little irritated. 

Even though Josh is the Chief, he has been watching the welders this week. Gotta put that expensive CWI certificate to use!



Saturday, August 12th:

Josh worked another long day, so Theo and I went to Costco. Usually Theo loves to walk around the store, so I figured it would be a nice outing for us. I was wrong! I went and got gas first and Theo had a melt down. He was screaming and crying while the van was parked and he wasn't able to recover before heading into the store. He cried the whole time we were in Costco. So I just grabbed a few things that we really needed and headed home.


[❤️❤️]

It's football season!



Sunday, August 13th:

We bought a new stove since our old one was really struggling. Some of the burners were melted and weren't putting out consistent heat. We did some research into induction stoves and even though they are pretty cool, they are really expensive. We decided to stick with gas. Josh bought a new stove, but it was just a couple inches too large for our space. He got a saw, we put up some plastic, and Theo and I went for a walk while he got to work.

[Old stove]

[Getting ready]

[Here we go!]

While on our walk we saw a giant snapping turtle (you can barely see it in the background). He was heading towards our little community pond. I'm sure he'll be happy there until the beavers try to build a dam again!


We walked around for 30 minutes and when we came home we found Josh looking pretty dusty!


There was a huge mess in the kitchen, but it was fine. We got our the vacuum and washed the dishes that were left out. 


After cleaning everything up, Josh installed the new stove. It fits like a glove!


[Perfect!]


Theo is still having around three to five observable seizures a day. I'm curious to see how he does when he starts school next week.

No comments: