Sunday, August 20, 2023

Theo's First Day of First Grade

Monday, August 14th:

We had a lot of rain come through today. Theo and I avoided most of it by staying inside (until we went to PT), but poor Josh had to work in it. The contractor has been trying to finish a large pipe section quickly, so they brought in more welders. As a result, Josh had to be the Chief AND a Welding Inspector. It was raining so hard that Josh had to use his jacket to protect the weld. 


I noticed this morning that Theo's right hand and his white shirt were covered in yellow! I couldn't figure out what was causing this until I examined one of his pom poms! The dye was coming off and turning him yellow! 🤣🤣


[New tubie pads for the new school year]

Theo had three observable seizures today.

Tuesday, August 15th:

Theo and I went and saw the Pediatrician for his 6 year/start of the school year check up. Everything went fine and they said they would sign all of Theo's paperwork and fax it to the school. Easy peasy!

After Theo's nap we went to OT and then to get my allergy shots. Ms Laura (OT) said that she is going to try to co-treat with Ms Becca (PT) once a week. If it all works out we may have one day without therapy!

Theo had five observable seizures today.

Wednesday, August 16th:

Theo and I hung out at home while Josh went to work. He's been working really long days and we are so grateful for him and his strong work ethic! 

That afternoon Ms. Jess came by to bring Theo and I our birthday presents! She brought me a bunch of Yankee Candle melts (love the smells) and she brought Theo some clothes and a new toy! Thanks Ms Jess!


Ms Jess stayed and observed feeding therapy with Ms Jen. it was nice for them to finally meet!

Theo had five observable seizures today.

Thursday, August 17th:

THEO'S FIRST DAY OF FIRST GRADE!

I got Theo ready and got him in his chair early so I could take some pictures. Theo was VERY excited to go on the bus and was very sad when I told him we couldn't go outside yet. It was POURING rain! If the weather is nice we will go on a walk in the mornings before the bus comes, but not today! Sorry!

[SOOO MUCH RAIN!]





He was sobbing by the time the bus showed up. I had a large umbrella, but we both got wet. Theo didn't care at all! He was so excited to see the bus and his friends!


After I got Theo on the bus I went and did a strength training video. By the time I was done the storm was completely gone so I went to run some errands. 

[That cloud looks like a claw!]

I picked Theo up from school early, so I could take him to the dentist. He's been going to the dentist with Josh and I every six months since he was born. But he's never had a cleaning - they usually just look in his mouth real quick for issues. 

I got him from school and then made the drive to Bite Sized Pediatric Dentistry in Frankfort. I gave him some meds from our Pediatrician to make him tired in the hopes he would cooperate. He didn't. But it was fine! The hygienist's left him in his chair and the two of them managed to get his teeth all polished. Then the Dentist came in and Theo was very nervous. She talked to him for a few minutes and told him that he was almost done. She did her exam and put "sparkles" (aka fluoride) on his teeth. She then said that his two front bottom teeth were getting a little loose. Once his six year molars come in the front teeth will start to fall out. She said that his teeth look great and we need to continue to do whatever we are doing! YAY! We'll see them again in six months.

[Theo slept the whole way home]

Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Friday, August 18th:

Theo headed off to school, Josh went to work, and I went to the Pediatricians office to pick up some paperwork. It usually takes 35-40 minutes to get to the Pediatricians office, but it took me almost two hours because of a deadly accident on the freeway. I was soooo awful. I cried when I saw the scene. I was just a mile behind the accident when it happened. So so tragic. 

Theo had another great day at school! Everyone is commenting on how much more awake he is!


After school I took Theo to PT at Ms. Becca's house. Ms Cody worked with Theo for 70 minutes in his life jacket and then she took it off for the last 20 minutes. Theo was in heaven! 




[He just loves to float and splash]

Theo had 13 observable seizures today. I knew they would increase when he went back to school, but I was hoping it wouldn't be this much.

Weekend:

Josh bought a air fryer and was very excited to cook sweet potatoes. They turned out pretty good!



Theo had three observable seizures on Saturday and two on Sunday.

No comments: