Sunday, October 8, 2023

Home From Vacation & Date Night at Oriole

Thursday, October 5th:

My dad picked me up from the airport at 8:30 AM. I had enough time to get home, unpack, start a load a laundry, and take a shower before I had to go get Theo from school.

[Theo loves Ms Jess!]

My parents said that Theo did really well while I was gone and was in a great mood. I was worried since Theo was sick when I left on my trip, but he ended up only missing two days of school.

After school my mom and I took Theo to OT.

Even though I slept on the flight I was still super tired and ended up going to be around 8:30 PM. 

Theo had nine observable seizures today.

Friday, October 6th:

Friday morning was very busy! A notary came over right at the same time that Theo's bus showed up. I got Theo on the bus and then we all signed a ton of papers. We close on a new property in Orlando next week and we are all very excited!



After school my mom and I took Theo to PT.

That night Josh and I went into Chicago to Oriole. We have a goal of eating at all the Michelin Star restaurants in Chicago. There is one three-star restaurant (Alinea), four two-star restaurants (Oriole, Ever, Smyth, and Moody Tongue), and 16 one-star restaurants. Tonight we are eating at Oriole which is two-star restaurant and it was amazing! 

When we first arrived we were seated in an old elevator and give tea as a palate cleanser. We were then taken to our seats at the bar were we were served a foamy, fruity drink and our first three courses: sea urchin and blue crab, carabineros, and tomato.


Next, we headed into the kitchen where we got to see the chefs working. We were served a rosĂ© wine and a foie gras course. It was definitely the best foie gras I've ever had! It was whipped, but delicious. 



[Course 4: Foie Gras (grape, anise hyssop)

We were then taken to our table where we had the rest of our courses.

[Course 5: Crudite (brandade and golden kaluga caviar) - one of the best!]

[Course 6: Matsutake]

[Course 7: Sablefish]

[Course 8: Capellini - one of my favorites)

[Course 9: Miyazaki beef]

To end the night we had four courses of dessert:

[Course 10: Rosemary]

[Course 11: Canelé]

[Course 12: Chocolate with goat milk icecream]

[Course 13: Mignardises]

We loved everything except for the matsutake. We aren't big mushroom people. I thought the entire experience was so much fun. I loved going into the kitchen and eating a few courses at the bar!

[Full menu]

Thanks mom and dad for watching Theo so we could have a date night!

Theo had six observable seizures today.

Weekend:

My parents headed home on Saturday so they could host Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday. Josh went to work while Theo and I stayed at home and played.

On Sunday we went on a family outing to our favorite store: Costco! The Packers are playing on Monday night and the Chargers have a bye week.



Josh also got some nice pots for our palms that were outside. Hopefully they will survive the winter inside and we can plant them outside again in the spring. Or they can just stay inside forever. I kinda like them!


Theo had three observable seizures on Saturday and three on Sunday.

AND I got a new comic book!

No comments: