Thursday, December 14, 2023

Pre-Utah Trip Week

I know I've said this before, but I am beyond grateful for Josh's job and the flexibility it allows him. We really needed that flexibility this week, since I decided to head out to Utah for a long weekend.

Monday, December 11th:

Feeding is still a struggle around here. We keep trying new foods, spoons, environments, etc., but Theo continues to avoid food. I got out his old nosey cup to see if he would try that. I sent one to school along with some apple sauce and apple juice to see if Ms. Jess would have any luck with it.


Spoiler alert, Theo doesn't like the nosey cup.

Theo had two observable seizures today.

Tuesday, December 12th:

Theo headed off to school and I went to get my allergy shots. While Theo was at school he tried a treat that had bananas in it and he LIKED it! I thought we determined that Theo didn't like banana's. This kid...

Theo also used his communication device to ask Ms. Jess if he could go rest on the beanbag chair. They took him over to the beanbag and he was very happy. I am so proud of him for communicating! 

After school I took Theo to PT/OT and then to The Legacy Ranch for lessons with Sherman and Kaylin. Theo is still loving horseback riding!



Theo had seven observable seizures today.

Wednesday, December 13th:

After we got Theo off to school on the bus, Josh and I met with a financial advisor who specializes in special needs families. We went over the different types of life insurance plans, Wills vs Trusts, and overall planning for the future. We currently have a Will and life insurance plans, but it was good to look at other options too.

After she left I packed for my trip to Utah and made sure the Christmas gifts for all of Theo's therapists, teachers, and friends were ready for next week.


The bags have gift cards, candy, and these adorable hot cocoa tubes (made by a local mom). I think everyone will love them!


After school Theo had feeding/speech therapy with Ms. Jen and Ms. Jeannine Zoomed in.

Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Thursday, December 14th:

Today I flew out to Utah (see next post) while Josh stayed home with Theo. They had a fun "guys weekend" together filled with lots of Wheel of Fortune and wrestling!

No comments: