Sunday, June 9, 2024

First Week of ESY and a Giant Wheel of Cheese

Theo will be attending Extended School Year (ESY) for the next four weeks. He goes to school Monday to Thursday from 8:00 AM to Noon. It's an hour earlier than his regular school, so the time change is going to take a little bit of getting used to. In addition to ESY Theo will be going to OT twice a week, PT twice a week, feeding/speech once a week, horse therapy once a week, and seeing the Dietitian once a week. 

Monday, June 3rd:

I didn't receive a call from Theo's ESY bus driver last week, so I didn't know when the bus was coming for him. I figured it would be here 45 minutes before school starts, so I got Theo ready and then we went for a walk. I told myself that if his bus wasn't there by 7:40 AM I would just drive him myself. Luckily, the bus showed up at 7:15 AM. After a bit of confusion they got Theo loaded and they headed off to school!

I knew Ms. Jess and nurse Brad were going to be at ESY, so I wasn't worried about Theo at all! 

The first week of ESY has a "Summer Olympics" theme. So a lot of their activities revolved around the Olympics! Theo's ESY teacher is Ms. Kathy who is a retired Special Ed teacher. She seems really nice and very excited to work with all the kids this summer!


Theo rode the bus home, which was great and gave me time to work on a few projects at home.

Theo had three observable seizures today.

Tuesday, June 4th:

Our day starts pretty early around here! Josh is up and out the door by 5:15 AM and I make and give Theo his meds at 5:30 AM. Unfortunately, Theo thinks that he needs to wake up when his dad does 🤦‍♀️ 

The bus came for Theo even earlier today (7:05 AM). It sounds like he had a great day at school and they made a lot of crafts!


After Theo got home from school he had a quick nap and then we went to PT with Ms. Cody and then to see Sherman!

[Pipeline work]

Theo had four observable seizures today.

Wednesday, June 5th:

After I got Theo on the bus I had a Zoom meeting with Kisha Smith who is one of the co-founders of the Changing Spaces Campaign. We chatted for over an hour about her advocacy group, our experiences with a lack of changing tables, and what the role of the chapter lead is. I told her that I want my friend, Renee, to lead the IL chapter because of all the work she's done to get Sami's Law passed. After we chatted I reached out to Renee to see how she feels about leading the chapter. She told me that she can't do it right now, but she thinks I should start the chapter and then she will join me once things calm down a bit. I think that's a great idea!

Theo had another great day at school! They made more art and they got to meet nurse Brad's puppy!



I picked Theo up from school and took him to OT with Ms. Laura.

Theo had five observable seizures today.

Thursday, June 6th:

Theo was up early again and that made me worried since we have a very busy schedule today!

[Theo tried kiwis and bananas!]


After school I took Theo to OT and then we went and saw Sherman for a makeup lesson!

Josh saw these guys at work. They were cleaning (?) one of the blades of a windmill. Looks kinda scary!


Theo had four observable seizures today. 

Friday, June 7th:

Theo does have ESY on Fridays, so we hung out at home and then went to PT. 

[Tummy time on our swing]

[Sitting up super strong!]

[Theo cuddling with Puppy - so sweet!]

Over the weekend Josh worked on his Jeep. It has over 160,000 miles, so I think this may become more and more common. 




[Why did we buy property in Florida?!]


On Sunday night Ms. Jess came over to watch Theo so Josh and I could go to dinner. We got dressed up and headed to Gaia Ristorante Italiano. 

We got a large crab cake appetizer to share and a couple of drinks.


Josh ordered the carbonara and I got the pasta alla ruota. They brought out Josh's pasta and then they rolled out a huge wheel of Parmigiano Reggiano with pasta and grilled chicken. The chef heated up the cheese, dumped in the pasta, and mixed it all together!







It was soooo delicious! 


After dinner we went to a fancy cookie place and got some dessert. Thanks Ms. Jess for babysitting! Theo had a great time!


No comments: