Sunday, June 23, 2024

Third Week of ESY

Monday, June 17th:

Theo was VERY excited to go to school today. He loves getting on the bus and seeing all his friends!

After Theo got on the bus I jumped on a Zoom with one of the three National Organizers of the Changing Spaces Campaign, Christina. We were scheduled to chat for 30 minutes, but we ended up talking for 1.5 hours! She is very nice and has a ton of knowledge about advocating!

Ms. Jess did a photo shoot with Theo while he was at school. She got a lot of pretty cute pictures of him! 

["Teenager with attitude"]






[He has mixed feelings about bubbles]

Thanks Ms. Jess for the cute pictures! ❤️



Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Tuesday, June 18th:

It is insanely hot and humid this week! 


Theo gets on the bus at 7:30 AM and then I usually got water the plants. Today I watered the plants and pulled some weeds. I was only outside for 30 minutes, but I was dripping with sweat! EWW!



Theo came home from school on the bus and then I put him down for a quick nap. I love how he cuddles with his puppy. It's so sweet!


After his nap we went to PT and then to see Sherman and all Sherman's friends at The Legacy Ranch!



Theo had eight observable seizures today.

Wednesday, June 19th


Theo didn't have school today, so we hung out at home until we went to see Ms. Laura for OT.

That afternoon we had feeding/speech therapy with Ms. Jen and Ms. Jeannine Zoomed in.

In other news, the Lakers hired JJ Redick as their new head coach. I don't get it. But hopefully he'll do a great job!


Theo had 10 observable seizures today.

Thursday, June 20th:

Theo was very gassy this morning and I was only able to give him half of his breakfast because he kept gagging. While he was at school he told Ms. Jess (via his podbook) that his tummy hurt. She vented him and he was very gassy. I am glad that he was able to communicate with her!

Luke and I booked our two night stay at the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel! I can't believe we are less than a year away from our epic sibling trip!


Theo finished his third week of ESY!


Theo had seven observable seizures today and I had a migraine. I am starting to get them more frequently and this was my fifth one this year. UGH!

Weekend:

Our weekend starts on Friday because Theo has ESY Mondays to Thursdays 🙂

Josh had to pull two trucks out of a mud pit at work. He thought it was pretty funny!




Josh has been working long hours in the heat this week. He said they had to send one guy to the ER (he's okay). Be careful out there!

Because of the heat and humidity we are getting some pretty intense storms. Luckily, by the time these storms got to us they were not as bad. But the northern suburbs got some gnarly wind and rain!


I also learned this weekend that Sami's Law (SB 1089) was officially sent to Governor Pritzker's office for him to sign! I am going to call his office on Monday and see when he will be signing it. I'd love to be there!

No comments: