Sunday, June 30, 2024

Last Week of ESY

This was Theo's final week of ESY. He just loves going to school and it looks like they had a great time at ESY. I'm very sad it's already over!

Monday, June 24th:

After Theo headed off on the bus I went to Costco and to run a bunch of errands. Theo and his friends had a fun time splashing in the pool and soaking in the sun!






Tuesday, June 25th:

I sent Theo off to school on the bus, but a couple hours later I got a call from the school. Theo was having a lot of seizures and he told Ms. Jess that he wasn't feeling well. He was crying a lot and they just couldn't calm him down.


[Hiding]

When I arrived at the school I asked Theo if he wanted to go home. He signed "yes." I told him that we can go home, but he needs to poop and take a nap. He signed "yes" again. After we got home he did poop and then he took a long nap. I'm sure his tummy was the cause of his discomfort. Poor guy!


[Cuddles with Puppy]

After Theo's nap we took him to see Sherman and all the ladies at the Legacy Ranch. Theo wanted to show off so he lifted his head up super strong! 


[Go Theo!]

Wednesday, June 26th:

Theo headed off to school and I went to see my doctor for a yearly check up. Fun. After that I went to Crumbl and bought a bunch of cookies for all the nice people at Theo's school.

Theo and his friends went on a walk to the local park where he played on the wheelchair swing! Ms. Jess said he had fun even though he's not smiling in the picture 🙂





I picked Theo up from school, delivered the cookies, and then took Theo to OT. We've been working on stretching and sharing. Theo is getting better at both, but it's a work in progress.

Thursday, June 27th:

Today was Theo's last day of ESY! 😭😭

I had a few more errands to run (annual bloodwork, allergy shots, etc) before Theo is home full time.



Thanks to Ms. Jess and the whole team at ESY! I know Theo had a great time!

At noon I jumped on Zoom to watch the National Council on Disability Board Meeting. It was very enlightening and I was blown away by the speakers. I loved hearing about what the board is proposing and how they are trying to make life better for those with disabilities.  



One of our chapter leads from Changing Spaces was able to make a comment at the end of the meeting. I really hope that the Board took what she said to heart.

That night we watched the Presidential Debate. Mo made bingo cards and I very much appreciate them!



[Yep...]

Friday, June 28th:

I took Theo to PT and then to get his bloodwork done. He was pretty upset, but the nurse was able to get him in two pokes, which is pretty good.

I don't understand this child:


Weekend:

On Saturday the Tour de France kicked off! Theo and I love watching all the Stages and rooting for our favorites! Hopefully we will get to see Mark Cavendish break the record for the most stage wins and cement his legacy as the greatest sprinter! We are also watching Jonas Vingegaard who won the last two years, but he got in a horrible bike crash just two months ago and spent two weeks in the hospital recovering from a punctured lung and broken bones. I'm glad he recovered and he will be fighting for the yellow jersey again this year!


Josh replaced the coil springs on his Jeep. He said it rides a lot better now!



Theo got new glasses! Isn't he so handsome?!




I started a countdown to help me remember when I can book all of the Disney stuff for our sibling trip next April. It's a bit crazy, but I'm organized and determined!

No comments: