Monday, July 21, 2008

So Sick of Being Sick

I've been sick and extremely tired for the past 2 1/2 weeks. It doesn't help that I just got done working 12 straight days and I have to go back to work for another 10 straight days tomorrow. 


This is not a good situation. I have had Infectious mononucleosis (mono) three times. Trust me, this is possible. Mono stays dormant in your system until it goes negative or positive. When it goes positive then you are sick. If it goes negative then you can't get it again. And if its dormant then it just stays in your system until something triggers it and it comes back. Last time my mono came back I was sick for about 6 months. I had to end up dropping most of my classes in college and I was sleeping up to 20 hours a day. It was horrible. Ask my roommates who ended up taking care of me. 

Bottom line: I need to get better before I get worse. I have no idea how this is going to happen when I am living in a hotel for most of the month and then working myself to death in the middle of the desert. It also doesn't help that I am still stressed out (see previous post).

4 comments:

Cristina said...

that really stinks!! hope you get to feeling better!

Tiersha said...

Mono is the WORST!! I had it last summer when I lived in NM and all I wanted to do was stay in bed. I totally feel ya. I hope you get better :)

Jamie said...

Yikes! I hope it's not mono!

Michelle said...

Courtney! I had no idea you were sick. What can I do to help? You can come crash here and I will take care of you. That stinks that you have to work so much right now. Give me a call when you get a chance. Love you!