Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Following the Path of the Ancient Ones: Part V

We woke up early on July 5th and left Chaco Canyon. Like the rest of the places we visited, I was sad to go. Chaco is so special and so amazing and I urge everyone to go and experience it.

We left Chaco and headed to Utah... no wait, Arizona... um, back to Colorado? 

Ok! All of the above!

We visited the Four Corners!

[Josh and I in the four states]

[Me in Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado at the same time!]

We left the Four Corners and headed into Arizona towards our final destination: Monument Valley.

It was a long drive so I took pictures from the car.

[Comb Ridge]





[Agathla Peak] 

We found Kayenta, Arizona and from there we headed north towards Utah. 

We reached Monument Valley just as a large storm was coming in. It was a little windy and cold so we didn't get to explore the area like we would have liked to BUT we still managed to get some great pictures.









From Monument Valley we drove back to Kayenta and headed to Page so that Josh could see Lake Powell and the Glen Canyon Dam, and no, we did not go on the Dam Tour ; )

We then headed to Kanab, Utah. From here it was a short few hours back to Cedar City.

We traveled almost 1600 miles, through four states, and saw some of the most amazing archaeological sites and geological features on the planet (in my humble opinion). This was one of the best vacations I have ever been on!

A special thanks to Josh for having so much patience and putting up with me and my crazy archaeological obsession. 

No comments: