Wednesday, January 30, 2013

So, It's Cold Up Here

There are a lot of "tricks" when it comes to keeping your RV up and running during the winter: skirt the RV to keep the heat in, wrap your water line so it doesn't freeze, seal the windows so no excess heat gets lost, etc. Another one is that you keep your faucet in the bathroom running all the time (FYI water and electricity are included in rent) because flowing water is harder to freeze then standing water. Well, these tricks don't work very well when it is -55 outside. Nothing can stop Mother Nature!

The water line froze today and I had to dress up in my "winter outfit" just so I could run outside for a few minutes. This wasn't enough! The only part of my body that was exposed were my eyes and my eyelashes froze together! Next time I need to remember to wear my ski goggles. 

["Winter Outfit": two pairs of sweatpants, snowboarding pants, good socks, waterproof boots, two shirts, a light jacket, a sweatshirt, a heavy jacket, gloves, a scarf, a headband, a beanie, and a facemask]

[We live in north of Minot - in the pink area]

At least we have heat!! 

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness court you need to splurge on a tropical vacation next month! Holy cow! What a crazy place! I'm so glad you took a pic of your winter outfit.

Unknown said...

That's totally insane. I can't even imagine. I literally have no idea what that feels like.

Allison said...

Time to move and go on thinking North Dakota doesn't really exist.

Allison said...

Wow! It sounds like a lot work to live there...