Saturday, June 1, 2013

Homemade Sushi Night

Josh and I LOVE sushi... well, good sushi. You gotta have good sushi people. Not that crap you buy pre-made at the grocery store. I mean authentic sushi!

Anyways, I always wanted to do a homemade sushi night for date night ever since I found out that it's not too hard and that it is a lot of fun! Plus, it's on my 30 before 30 list so I had to do it again!

You have to have the right ingredients and tools in order to make sushi. Of course, we didn't have any of them, so we made a quick trip to Minot to go shopping. After going to three different stores, we finally had all that we needed.

[Sushi rice, mayo, sriracha sauce, wasabi, cucumber, crab, jalapenos, avocados, a rolling mat, tuna, nori, soy sauce, and a Youtube video showing us how to properly roll sushi]

We decided not to take any chances so we cut and seared the tuna.


Next, we made the rice and cut up all the fish and veggies.




After everything was prepared we made the first roll. 




Round 1 was kinda a fail. The rice got burnt (I followed the instructions I swear!), the roll was smushed (we didn't have the rolling technique down yet), and I spilled too much spicy mayo on my roll. It still tasted okay.


Round 2 went a lot better! We made a new batch of rice and Josh mastered the rolling technique! 


  

Perfection! 

The next few rolls were amazing! 


Josh was very pleased with himself! 

  

It was a very fun and delicious date night with my handsome man! We will definitely have to do this again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you and I and Josh & Paul ever happen to be in the same place at the same time we should do sushi!

Rebekah said...

Yum! Looks delicious!