Monday, September 16, 2013

Hollydog

We arrived safe and sound in Indiana and, after a few adventures, things started getting back to normal. Josh was working and I was getting back into working out, grocery shopping, and cooking dinner. 

Then Shorty asked us to watch his dog Holly for a few weeks until his RV got out of the shop. He is staying in a hotel at the moment and can't have a dog there. 

I was hesitant because I'm not a big animal fan, but I agreed because we owe Shorty so much for letting us borrow his RV last winter AND because Holly is hypoallergenic and super cute!


There are a few things you should know about Holly before we go on. One, she is 13 years old. That's old for a dog. Two, she is deaf, pretty blind, and sleeps all day. And three, she gets excited easily and tends to lose control of her bladder.

For our first night we put Holly, her little bed, and her food in the living room. I figured she would be fine there and went to bed. Little did I know that I would wake up to a nice big puddle of Holly pee on my beautiful new floor. Ugh. Well, I told myself that she was probably just nervous and that it was a one time thing. Wrong!

We were told that she was really good about holding her bladder during the day (while we are at work) just as long as we take her out before we leave for the day. Easy.

Well, we did. But then came home to another Holly puddle. Oh man!

Well the week went on and Holly continued to pee in the house. I didn't know what to do. She usually kept it on the floor but then I would step on the carpet and discover a wet spot. Eww! 

Bad dog!

Saturday was the last straw for me. We came home after a long day in the office to FOUR pee marks. Two on the floor, one on the carpet, and one on the kitchen rug. Are you freakin' kidding me?! 

BAD DOG!

I was so mad! 

We cleaned up her mess and then Josh and I went out for date night. When we got back there was yet another Holly pee mark! COME ON! What is going on here?! We weren't gone that long!

So we decided to put her in the toy hauler for the night and during the day while we were gone. At least back there there is no carpet for her to pee on. We locked her in before leaving for work and she cried and cried and started scratching the door! AHH!

When we got home from work there were some more Holly pee marks in the toy hauler and Holly was pretty sad. I don't think she liked being locked up back there, but what else were we supposed to do? 

Well, here is our latest and greatest idea:

  

We boxed her in!

I'm hoping she will be just fine in here. She is in the front room with us which she loves. And she is on the floor so I don't have to worry about her peeing on the carpet which makes me happy.

Here goes nothing!

Good thing she's cute or else I would have fed her to the coyotes a long time ago!  ;-)

1 comment:

STef said...

Sorry, dog pee is never fun. She is probably having trouble though because it is a new environment and she isn't with her owner. Dogs, especially high-strung ones or old ones have a really hard time adjusting. The kennel fence is a great idea and I hope it works out.