Wednesday, July 19, 2017

36 Week Sonogram, Josh's Nesting, and Things I Missed Out On

I went in for my 36 Week sonogram yesterday.



Baby boy is 7 lbs and is super active! The sonogram technician was cracking up during the procedure because baby boy kept sticking out his tongue and at one point tried to put his foot in his mouth!




[Trying to get his foot in his mouth]

After the sonogram was over, Dr. Leonardi came in and told me there was no change from last week (heart and brain look good) and that he wants to induce me at 38 weeks. At that point the baby will be fully developed and he is already large enough, so he doesn't need to gain any more weight. It'll be easier for all the doctors to watch and take care of him after he's born. We then scheduled my next (and probably last) sonogram for next Wednesday morning. He will decide then when I will be induced. In all honestly I am nervous and excited. I have such great doctors and I know they are going to take great care of us!

That night Josh and I went to our third baby class. During this class we learned about inducing birth, c-sections, and birth plans. I know what I want (natural, delayed cord clamping, skin-to-skin, breast feeding), but I also know that I need to be flexible and do what is best for the baby.

Josh has also kept busy these last few weeks. On top of working insane hours and supporting me with all the baby stuff, he has been doing small projects every Sunday (the only day he has off all week). Last Sunday he replaced our hot water heater and a few Sunday's ago he built a laundry cabinet. I love how handy he is!



Due to my pregnancy I was not able to go to Utah this summer with my family. As a result I missed out on a huge family reunion AND was not able to attend my dear friend Heidi's wedding. 

[Family at Porter's baby blessing]

[Porter's blessing - I love this picture of Luke and his son!]

[Andie, Luke and baby Porter]

[Papa's] 

[Grandma's] 

[Heidi and Steve at their wedding - I heard it was beautiful!] 

2 comments:

Whitmore Family said...

I am just now getting back into the blogger world and am so glad I did. I just read your last three entries. After crying a lot, I have to agree how amazing technology is and how wonderful it is that you have great doctors. I am thinking about your little family all the time. I will now be looking for more entries! ;) Love you guys!!

Leslie Elaine said...

Whoa it seems like your brother just got married! Sorry you had to miss out but luckily technology its ALMOST like you're there, kind of, still not the same though.