Friday, June 1, 2018

Trip to Utah and California: Part III - DISNEYLAND!

Thursday, May 31st: DISNEYLAND!

We left early and got to Disneyland right when it opened. 


[View of Galaxy's Edge being built]


We took our group picture in front of the train station, took a stroll down Main Street, and then headed to Indiana Jones (my favorite Disneyland ride)! Since the park was pretty empty we were able to ride it twice in a row!



[I'm always the driver]


The babies had to sit out on Indiana Jones, so we headed over to Jungle Cruise next so the whole family could go on a ride together! 


[Theo's first ride at Disneyland]




After surviving the jungle, we walked over to Splash Mountain (my second favorite Disneyland Ride). The line was short so we rode it twice!








[Round two! I got soaked!]


While I dried off and Theo napped, the rest of the group went on the Winnie the Pooh ride. 



We then walked over to where the entrance to Galaxy's Edge will be. I CAN NOT WAIT!


Next, we went on Big Thunder RR, while dad watched the babies.



[View of Galaxy's Edge from the top of Big Thunder RR]

After Big Thunder, we went and got some lunch, and then we went on the Haunted Mansion.









[I got a picture of mom and dad and their hitchhiking ghost!]


After picking up our new ghost friends, we walked over to Tomorrowland. Dad, Luke, and I went on Star Tours and then we all went to watch the Jedi show.







[Porter was very into the Jedi show!]







After watching the Jedi defeat Darth Vader and Kylo Ren, we went to check out some more Star Wars attractions (go figure). 



We then went and met Darth Vader! He was so scary!

[Luke was very brave]


[Vader asking mom is she was a rebel]

[I told her to say "no"]



After turning down Vaders offer to join the Dark Side, we headed over to Pizza Port so dad and Luke could hang out with the babies while mom, Andie, and I went on Space Mountain (TWICE)!



We then went and bought balloons before grabbing a spot to watch the Pixar Parade. We attempted to go on Matterhorn, but it broke down.


[I said I got the balloons for Theo, but we all know they were really for me 😬]

[Papa photo bomb!]




[Pixar Parade]










After watching the Pixar Parade, we went on the Matterhorn and then the whole group went on It's A Small World.


We ended the night by getting dinner, watching the firework show, going on Astro Blasters, meeting up with some cousins, and going on a stroll through Fantasy Land.

We were all EXHAUSTED after a long a magical day! Taking kids is a lot of work and even though Theo won't remember it, I'm glad I was able to take him!

[R2-D2 Mickey Ears!]

[The balloons lasted until we flew home... Definitely worth the money!]

No comments: