Sunday, July 30, 2023

Hydra Facial (Treat Yo Self) and More PT Swimming

Monday, July 24th:

Josh headed off to work while Theo and I hung out at home. We went through his long list of exercises and went to PT that afternoon. Theo worked hard and is getting better and better at weight bearing through his legs.


Tuesday, July 25th:

After Josh went to work Ms. Jess came over to babysit Theo. I went to the dermatologist office and got an amazing hydra facial before meeting with the dermatologist to talk about my hair growth. The hydra facial was really cool and I'll definitely be getting another one in the winter when my skin dries out.

That afternoon we went to Ms Becca's house for some PT in the pool. It took Theo a long time to get comfortable in the pool, but this time he was ready to party immediately! He was kicking both legs, splashing with both hands, and squealing joyously! 


I wish I was back in CA so I could attend this game!



AND in other LA news:


YAY! We love Herbert! 

Wednesday, July 26th:

Josh headed off to work while Theo and I hung out until it was time to go to OT. He was extra silly at OT and even made a new friend.

After OT we came home and got ready for feeding/speech therapy with Ms Jen and our Zoom with our dietitian, Ms Jeannine. 

I made chocolate pudding (with almond milk) and mixed it with coconut cool whip to make it fluffy. I would ask Theo if he wanted another bite and he would snap his mouth closed. We noticed that once the food was in Theo's mouth he didn't spit it out. He would actually chew and swallow. Ms. Jen suggested that I don't ask Theo if he wanted another bite and instead I just tell him it's time for another bite. That worked! He opened his mouth slightly and took a little bite! Progress!

We got some new plants for the house:




I love them all!


Thursday, July 27th:

Ms Jess came over again to hang out with Theo while I ran some errands. While I was out and about I got a few pictures and videos from Ms. Jess. I knew they would have a great time!


After I got home I took Theo to OT, so he could play with Ms. Laura. At the end of the lesson I was talking to one of the other therapist about how much Theo loves the pool. I showed her the video and I'm pretty sure Theo was listening. Ms. Laura and Theo were on the swing and she asked him if he wanted "more" or if he was "all done" (he ALWAYS signs "more"), but he kept signing "all done." He was very excited to leave which was strange because he usually gets upset when we leave. On the drive home I told him we were going home to play. He got really upset and started crying! I think he thought I was taking him swimming! Oh sweet boy!

Ohtani did an amazing thing today:


Friday, July 28th:

Theo and I had a nice long day at home. We did all of his exercises and then watched Star Wars Rebels. Theo LOVES that show!

That night I went and saw Haunted Mansion. I really liked it!

On my way home I could see a pretty intense thunderstorm rolling in from the northwest. I made it home before the rain started but the storm was so loud and bright that I had a hard time sleeping!


Weekend:

Josh worked on Saturday and we just hung out around the house on Sunday. Not too much to report there!

Theo's strength is continuing to come back and he is army crawling all over the place! He is still irritable and will cry randomly, but I'm hoping that is a side effect from the Clobazam wean.

No comments: