Sunday, December 9, 2012

To Rifle

Josh and I were just finishing with dinner when there was a knock on the door. It was Jesus, one of Josh's coworkers. He told us that there was work in Rifle and that Josh would need to be there the next day if he wanted the job. Josh and I agreed to go. Why not? How can you turn down a job?!

Turns out that Josh was one of just a few guys that they picked for this project because his bosses really like him. That's always good!

So Josh left the next morning and I started packing up our little hotel room. I put most of our things in storage and only brought what we would need for the next two weeks. 

I wasn't too excited about driving over the Mountain and through the Tunnel again (it's steep and it's always snowing up there), but this time I was doing it with just my X-Terra so I knew it wasn't going to be a scary as the move out here.

I arrived in Rifle and found us a cute, long-term-stay hotel to stay in. It's expensive, but Josh got a perdiem raise so I was able to justify spending the extra money. Plus, the place has a full kitchen with a DISH WASHER, a washer and dryer IN THE UNIT, a queen sized bed in a separate room (so Josh can go to bed early), a big closet, AND cable and high speed internet! Sold! 

[Kitchen]

[Bathroom] 

[Bedroom] 

[Nice closet] 

[Washer and Dryer] 

[Kitchen]

[Living room with another bed/couch] 

I told Josh that I wanted a romantic weekend in the Mountains before we left Colorado, so I guess this will have to do for now!

No comments: