Sunday, December 4, 2016

Epic Fall Road Trip - Part I: Getting Our Ride

I've been wanting to go on a road trip for a LONG time. I started planning by getting a USA travel book, jumping on Trip Advisor, and then plotting everything on my phone that I wanted to see. 

[YEAAA... that's a lot of stars!]

After doing my research I realized that this trip was going to take about 6 weeks and that it would be expensive. In order to cut some cost I asked my parents if we could borrow one of their SUVs. My mom said we could take her Lexus SUV and I was so excited! I could not even imagine driving our truck into New York City or Boston and renting a car was crazy expensive!

The weekend before we left on our trip we went to Ohio to visit my family and to trade vehicles. 

While we were there Josh and I went to The Iron Fruit Farm where we got fresh apple cider, cinnamon cider doughnuts, honey and apple fritters. It was all delicious!


We also played with my nephews (and the neighbors kids),


  
  

made pizzas on the grill (thanks Missy for cooking!),








ate Nothing Bundt Cake and decorated cookies!


Thanks family for the fun weekend (and the SUV)! We will see you in 6 weeks!

No comments: