Monday, August 2, 2021

A Regular Week, Corn Fest, and Run for Rivs

This week was a very "regular week" for us. Theo had OT on Tuesday and Thursday, PT on Wednesday and Friday, and Feeding/Speech on Wednesday. I got my allergy shot on Thursday and Josh worked all week. I can't complain though, it was nice to have a regular week after my vacation.

[This kid knows what he wants]

[He's been doing very well with the Honey Bear Straw Cup and "yummy yummy in my tummy"]

A few months ago we donated to the Starved Rock Regional Center for Therapy and Child Development (SRRC), so they could put in new fire doors. Theo use to go to Toddler Class here and his DT still works there. We were happy to donate and I love the plaques that they put up!



We got two new communication devices for Theo. Being non-verbal can be very frustrating for Theo (and us), so hopefully these new devices will help.


On Saturday, July 31st, we went to Corn Fest at the Naperville Farmers Market. There were a ton of booths and we bought some delicious treats including avocado toast, cookies, corn bread, apple cider doughnuts, bread, olive oil, and cheese puffs.


[Best avocado toast I have EVER had!]

[Bread and olive oil]

We've been watching the Olympics all week and I love it all!


On Sunday, August 1st, I started my "Run for Rivs" challenge. We are supposed to accumulate 37 miles of activity between August 1st and August 22nd to help raise awareness and money for Tommy Rivs. Check it out if you want to join


[First activity]

11.81 miles done!

No comments: