Monday, August 23, 2021

First Day of Second Year Preschool & Family COVID Testing

This week was CRAZY busy! Theo started his second year of preschool and he rode the bus for the first time. We also had a COVID scare and had to get tested as a family.

I get pretty hot while I'm running so I asked Josh to figure out a way that we could hang my fan from the ceiling. And he did! The best part is that I can take it down and put it on the floor when I'm doing Piyo or weights. Thanks Josh!


[I don't get why, but Theo LOVES to lay between the wheels of his walker.]

On Tuesday, August 17th, I took Theo to OT and then we went to his school to meet with his teacher, the principal, his one-on-one aid, the new school nurse, and the district nurse. It was a great meeting and I was able to show the new school nurse how to give Theo water. That night, Josh, Theo, and I went back to the school to meet with his teacher and aid. When we first arrived at the school we went into the gym and there were a lot of people I didn't know saying "Hi, Theo!" He was very excited and was waving at everyone! We then went to his "Cow Class" for "Meet and Greet!" We talked to his teacher and his aid for a few minutes and Theo showed us his classroom. We weren't able to have "Meet and Greet!" last year, so it was fun to see Theo's class in person.

On Wednesday, August 18th, Theo had PT at home in the morning, took a nap, and then got picked up by the bus! Theo will be gone for 3 hours and 15 minutes every day and I know he is going to be well taken care of and have so much fun at school!




A few hours later, the bus pulled up and Theo was rolled out. He wasn't too happy until he saw Josh and immediately started reaching for him! The bus driver and aid said he did a great job, but he really "hates it when we stop." Oh yes, yes he does!




"DADADADADA!"

On Friday, August 20th, while Josh was headed to Chicago for his Global Entry interview, his Jeep decided to break down. UGH! He got a tow home and after some digging found that it was a belt that broke. 




Good thing Josh is super handy and can fix a lot of things himself!


I went through some more of Theo's old clothes and "Gifted" them to someone in my local Buy Nothing Facebook group. It was hard to part with this particular batch because there were so many Harry Potter and Star Wars clothes!


My new couch pillow came! YAY! Thanks Missy for helping me make our couch look beautiful!


Bye-bye paci! You've been a loyal friend, but it's time to move on!


On Saturday, August 21st, I was informed that Josh, Theo, and I were "exposed" to someone who later tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. None of us had symptoms, but we still wanted to be tested.

On Sunday, August 22nd, we woke up early and headed to the Prompt Care right when it opened. We all met with the nurses and then got swabs stuck up our noses. While we waited for the results a doctor came in and checked us out. After about 20 minutes the nurse returned and told us that all three of us were negative! YAY! Let me tell you something: mask work. We were face to face with this person for an hour (while they were pre-symptomatic and contagious) and none of us got sick.
🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

[Family outings to Prompt Care]




It's Tommy Riv's 37th birthday on August 22nd. His family set up a charity race for him and we had to complete 37 miles of activity between August 1st and 22nd. I finished my 37 miles (cycling and running) by August 5th, but decided to continue tracking my activity anyways. Happy birthday, Rivs! 

#DontGetDead
 #RunningForRivs
#RageOn
#RunForRivs
#RageDay
#RageForRivs
#BeatCancer
#TeamRivs



[I sent this to Josh and it was a hard pass for both of us!]

[100% true!]

No comments: