Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Trip to Ohio for Canada Day and The 4th of July!

Theo use to be a really good road tripper, but lately he has been struggling. He does fine until he gets tired and instead of napping in his carseat, which he use to do all the time, he just screams. Like SCREAMS! It's awful.

On Wednesday, June 29th, Theo and I headed down to my parents house in Ohio. Theo did fine for the first two hours and then he started to get tired. I decided to stop at a rest stop along the highway, so I could feed Theo and give him his meds. We went on a little walk around the rest area and then I told Theo that we needed to get back in the car. He seemed fine with that so I packed up everything and we headed out. Theo was fine for about 15 minutes and then the screaming began. He was SOOOO tired, but he wouldn't nap. I tried Peek-a-Boo Barn, music, toys, and videos, but nothing worked. He was just so mad. I called my parents and asked them to get his air mattress ready, so I could put him down for a nap right when we got there. Three LONG hours later we arrived in Maineville! YAY!

My parents kindly gave us there room since there was a nice nook where we could put Theo and his air mattress. And they made room downstairs for his mat, so he could lay down and play with his toys.

That night we met Ty (aka Big Baby Ty)! Theo wasn't too sure at first, but then they became buddies!


Theo had two seizures today.

The next morning (June 30th) we met up with Missy and the boys at the pool. We found a nice spot for the babies to nap and then ordered some pizza while the boys played in the pool. 





[Brady loves to read]

[Pizza!]

My dad asked Josh to swing by a firework store in Indiana on his way down. I told Josh to not spend too much money, BUUUUTTTT he did anyways!



That afternoon I received a call from Theo's Neurology nurse. She said Dr Sinha wanted to increase Theo's meds in order to stop the "breakthrough" seizures. She said they would send the prescription refill to Maineville, so we could start the increase immediately. 

That night Josh drove to Kentucky to pick up Brodee from the airport. Brodee had been spending the summer with his step-dad Layne in Utah and Layne was kind enough to let him come visit us for a few days. Layne and Brodee made the three hour drive from his home to the SLC airport, got Brodee all checked in, and sent him off! Thanks Layne! We really appreciate you!

Josh picked up Brodee from the airport at 11:30 PM and then they made the hour drive back to my parents house. It was a long travel day and I'm so glad that both Josh and Brodee made it safely!

Theo had three seizures today.

The next morning (Friday, July 1st 🇨🇦), Missy and I went to the Woodhouse Spa. We've been here quite a few times and when Missy asked if I wanted to go again I said "YES!" I was so excited to go to the spa, put on a bath robe, sit in the quiet room, drink fruity water, and get a massage. We both got the 110 minute Swedish massage (60 minutes just isn't long enough, right?!). My massage therapist asked me if I had any areas I wanted him to work on and I said my upper back and neck. It was literally one of the best massages I've ever had! He worked on my upper back a lot (I guess that's where I carry a lot of my stress) and got many of the kinks out. After my massage I met Missy back in the quiet room. She said her massage was amazing too. I think we both REALLY needed this! I then went and got a facial while Missy got dressed and sat in the courtyard. 


After my facial I went back to the dressing room, took a shower, and then met Missy in the courtyard. We then went and got lunch and ran a few errands. It was so nice to be able to just sit and talk without interruptions. 

That evening the Marlowe family and the Hafer family (across the street neighbors) came over for In-n-Out burgers by Tyson and fireworks to celebrate Canada Day!

[Cole and Theo love to wrestle!]




[Josh and Theo]

[Theo, Cole, and Papa]



[Big Baby Ty came all ready to celebrate Canada Day!]




[Best babysitter ever!]

Thanks to Tyson and Missy for the delicious In-n-Out style burgers. They were delicious and actually better than In-n-Out! 🙊


[The perfect double double]

I put Theo down for the night and then watched the fireworks from the safety of the house. 



Josh got a bunch of fun fireworks and the kids had a blast firing them off!


I was very happy to see how well all the kids played together 🙂



Theo had four seizures today and we increased his medication.

On Saturday, July 2nd, I thought it would be fun to ride bikes down to Loveland to get some Hawaiian Shave Ice. Since I was the ONLY one who thought that sounded fun, we decided to drive instead. We grabbed the neighbor kids, my nephews, Brodee, Josh, Theo, and my mom and headed down to the Little Miami River in downtown Loveland.








The six boys had a lot of fun walking in the river and exploring in the area. The river was VERY low, but that didn't stop the kids from floating down river a bit. Don't worry, I didn't let them get too far. 


After floating in the river we walked over to the Trailside Ice Shack to get some shave ice and ice cream.


I got a Pina Colada shave ice "volcano" style, which means there is a scoop of vanilla ice cream at the bottom. It makes the shave ice SOOO much better!


That night we went to Missy and Tyson's house for homemade pizza night!


[Theo was VERY interested in being Tys friend]


[So sweet!]

We each made our own pizza and then Tyson baked them in his Egg. 




[I was very excited!]


[Pepperoni, black olives, sausage, and fresh mozzarella]

The boys were very happy with their cheese and pepperoni pizzas.


After dinner we had buckeyes and the boys went fishing with Josh.



Thanks again to Missy and Tyson for providing us with a scrumptious dinner. Josh is convinced he needs an Egg so we can make pizza at home too!

Theo had three seizures today.

The Club House in my parent's neighborhood had a big party on Sunday, July 3rd, to celebrate the 4th of July. We walked over to the Club House and watched Dane and Cole in the parade. Then all the kids went on the water slide, got covered in bubbles, and got sprayed by a firehose. 




















I left a little early to put Theo down for a nap, but the boys wanted to stay and go swimming at the Club House pool. 


[Baby ducks at the pool]

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

The boys went to Flat Rock in the morning to hike and jump in the water. Unfortunately the water was too low to do any cliff jumping, but they all still had fun. 








That evening the Marlow family, the Hafer family, and Ryan came over to celebrate. We ate brisket (thanks Tyson!), shot off the rest of the fireworks, and ate McKenzie's famous cookies! 😋


[Theo was so tired because of the increase in meds. Poor kid.]




Just like on Canada Day, I put Theo to bed and then stayed inside with baby Ty to watch the fireworks.

I hope everyone had a very safe and happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸

Theo had two seizures today.

VERY early the next morning (Tuesday, July 5th), Josh drove back to Illinois so he could be at work for a big testing day. I am so glad he was able to come down and spend the holiday's with all of us.

That evening I took Brodee to the airport, so he could catch his flight back to Utah. 


[Watching Simpsons and eating 20 chicken McNuggets. Sounds good to me!]

Layne let me know he was on his way to the airport in Utah, so I knew Brodee was good to go! After eating his chicken we went to the travel store and candy shop to get some snacks for the long flight. I also bought Brodee a neck pillow since he said his neck hurt the last time he flew. 


I'm so glad we were able to get Brodee out here for the long weekend! We all had so much fun and hopefully we will see him again in June for the family reunion in California!

That night the Chicago area had threats of large and powerful storms. Luckily, the storm broke up before it reached Josh and our house. Phew!


The next morning (Wednesday, July 6th) Theo and I headed home. Our trip back home was very similar to our trip down. I bought a new case for Theo's iPad that I could hang from the seat in front of him, but it only entertained him for a few minutes. When the boy is tired he is tired! We made it home safely, so I can't complain too much, right?

Theo had one seizure today.

I just want to thank my parents for hosting us, Sara and Layne for letting us see Brodee, Missy and Tyson for the amazing food, and the Hafer family for the delicious cookies!

Until next time Ohio!

No comments: