Thursday, June 8, 2023

CA Reunion - Part IV: Duffy Boats, Papa's Birthday, and Angels Game

Wednesday, June 7th:

We headed up to Newport Beach to do one of our favorite family traditions: rent Duffy Boats and eat Sprinkles Cupcakes!

When we arrived at the dock it was a bit chilly, but once we got out on the water everything was great!

Our family rented two Duffy boats; Heidi and Dave's family rented a boat; and Papa, Alan, Jamie, and their family had another boat.

[Our boat with Captain Luke, Porter, Kenna, Teagan, Andie, Josh, Theo, and I]





[Sprinkles!]

We followed the other boats and cruised around the Newport Harbor for two hours. We had fun looking at all the mansions and yachts and eating our sandwiches and cupcakes.

Luke helped each of the kids drive and they had a blast!



After Duffy Boats we all headed to Balboa Island to meet up with more family members.


We just had to get Balboa Bars (when in Rome)!


Gangs all here!


[Andie, Porter, Kenna, Luke, Papa the Great, and Annie (cousin)]

After catching up with some of my cousins and aunts and uncles we headed back to San Clemente. Ryan and Kayleen took some of the big kids to go swim at the beach.


After Brodee got back to the house he told us that Ryan taught him how to go over and under the waves. He was so excited to learn this new skill, but he said the water was REALLY cold. Good thing we have the hot tub!


Thursday, June 8th:

Happy 90th Birthday, Papa the Great!

We started the day by meeting our cousin Annie and her sisters, Tiersha and Gracie, down at the pier for some family photos.









I think they all turned out great! Thanks Annie!

For lunch we all met up with Papa the Great and Aunt Lisa at Rodrigo's. It was fun to celebrate Papa on his 90th birthday!


Papa loves to give the grandkids and great-grandkids two dollar bills (yes, they are real)! 





After lunch we headed to the El Toro Memorial Park to see Nana's grave marker. She passed away on March 23, 2023 and I wasn't able to attend her funeral.


That night we went to the Cubs vs Angels game. I helped my mom distribute the 100 tickets that we purchased, put on my Cubs jersey, and headed to Angels Stadium! Don't worry, once we arrived I switched and put on my Angels jersey. I always choose my home teams!

[Happy birthday Papa the Great!]

I sat next to Tiersha and we chatted the entire game. Before I knew it it was the 7th inning stretch and then the Angels won!



Papa got over 90 cards for his 90th birthday! We love you Papa the Great!

No comments: