Monday, June 12, 2023

CA Reunion - Part VII: CA Adventure

Monday, June 12th:

Luke, Andie, Porter, Kenna, and I left our house in Carlsbad (thanks mom and dad for taking care of my sick little boy) two hours before rope drop. We made it to CA Adventure in record time and bought our Genie Plus passes once we entered the Park. We headed straight for Guardians of the Galaxy (aka Tower of Terror). We rode my favorite ride at CA Adventure within a few minutes of the park opening!

We then walked over to Avengers Campus and then went on Web Slingers.


[Porter LOVES Web Slingers!]

Next we headed over to Radiator Springs. Just a few minutes after we got in line the ride broke down. We debated what to do, but ultimately decided to stay in line. After two hours and another LONG breakdown, we finally made it on the ride!


It was just as fun as ever!


We then headed to Luigi's! Kenna and I got the yellow car AND the Mambo italiano song! YAY!



We then all headed over to Pixar Pier. Andie and I went on the Incredicoaster and then we all went on Toy Story Mania!


After lunch (Luke and I got corndogs 😋😋) we finished up a few rides on the Pier and then headed over to the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail.




There were rope bridges and climbing walls and zip lines. The kids had a great time!





We then went on my second favorite CA Adventure ride: Soarin'. We waited for Bravo 1 and it was well worth it!

After Soarin' I asked Kenna and Porter to help me pick out gifts for them and their cousins. We entered a store and Kenna saw what she wanted immediately: a 100th anniversary Minnie plush. Porter picked out a small Spider-Bot, but I decided the bigger ones would be more fun.

After getting the presents we headed to the Grand Californian Hotel where Andie's sister, Alysse, and her family were staying. Alysse is a travel agent for Disney (let me know if you need her contact info) and she was sent to stay at the Grand Californian for a few days to attend a conference. We met up with Alysse, Chasten, and their kids in the lobby of the hotel. We passed out our presents and then went upstairs to check out their "Park View" room! 




[Can't beat the view or the location!]

After hanging out with Alysse's family (and meeting their new baby) we headed back to the Park to go on a few more rides and get some dinner.

[Monsters, Inc]

[Dinner at Pym Test Kitchen]

Dinner at Pym Test Kitchen was quite the experience! Luke and I shared a giant pretzel and we both got chicken sandwiches (check out the tiny buns!). Everything was delicious!


I also got a cake pop!


We finished the day the same way we started: Guardians of the Galaxy!

Thanks Luke and Andie for letting me tag along! Getting Genie Plus was 100% worth every penny!

No comments: