Friday, December 10, 2021

EPIC Neilson Family Trip to Disney World - Part VII: Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure

The next day, December 10th, Mom, Luke, Andie, and I went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure with our one-day hopper pass, while Dad and Josh stayed home with the little kids.

We had heard great things about the new VelociCoaster, so our plan was to hit it early before lines got too long.

First, we entered Islands of Adventure and headed for Andie's second favorite rollercoaster, The Incredible Hulk Coaster! We were in the front row and really got to experience the ride! After Hulk we headed over to Doctor Doom's Fearfall. The ride was okay. I thought it would be more Tower of Terror or Supreme Scream at Knotts, but it wasn't. Oh well, we didn't wait at all for the ride so no harm done!


We then headed over to the Jurassic Park area to ride the VelociCoaster!




We sat in rows two and three (the line for the front was too long) and when the lap bar came down I was very excited! Little did I know that I was about to ride the best, but most terrify rollercoaster I have ever been on! Like you feel like you are going to die, but it's still fun. I was screaming out of terror and then cheering out of excitement. I can't even explain it! Whenever the rollercoaster flips over or corkscrews your butt lifts out of the seat slightly and it's terrifying! After the ride ended the guys in front of us (who were laughing at me because I was screaming so much) told us that we need to ride it again, but ride in the back. I told them I needed a break and some Advil, but we will do it later!


We then headed into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade!







We walked around Hogsmeade and rode Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (the Hogwarts castle ride) and Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. The Hogwarts castle ride was fun, but I probably won't do it again because it made me nauseated (even though I took Dramamine). The Hagrid ride was a very pleasant surprise!



We then jumped on the Hogwarts express and headed to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Diagon Alley in Universal Studios. I showed Luke, Andie, and mom around and then we went on Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts. The ride was fun, but again, I got a little nauseated.  




After getting our fill of Harry Potter (and some butterbeer) we wandered around Universal Studios while we discussed what we wanted to go on next. We ended up seeing E.T. and decided we needed to ride it for old times sake (there is one at Universal Studios Hollywood that I remember riding a lot when I was a kid). It's a classic, but it's not a very good ride anymore.


We then rode The Revenge of the Mummy. It reminds me a lot of Indiana Jones, but is not anywhere as good! We then walked over to check out the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Luke was too tall to ride it and they wouldn't even let him stand in line with us. I asked the worker there which ride was better, the VelociCoaster or the Rip Ride Rockit. He said VelociCoaster by a LONG shot. We took him at his word and decided to go back over to Islands of Adventure to ride the VelociCoaster one more time!





This time we sat in the back and it was a completely different ride! I think sitting in the back is the way to go! If you get the chance and if you like rollercoasters, definitely go on VelociCoaster. You will not regret it!


[You must be this tall to ride]

After our final VelociCoaster ride we left the parks and headed to the Chocolate Emporium at the Universal CityWalk.


Mom got some fudge and Luke and I got these amazing shakes that hit the spot after a long day!


Don't worry! Papa, Josh, and the kids had a great day too! 


No comments: