Thursday, December 16, 2021

EPIC Neilson Family Trip to Disney World - Part XII: Hollywood Studios

This was it! This was the day we have been waiting for! HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS WITH ALL 20 OF US IN MATCHING SHIRTS!


The day started off a little strange. We all got lined up outside the Park while we waited for rope drop. There were a few Cast Members that were watching us (we are kinda hard to miss) and were keen on putting us in our place and not letting us move ahead in line. It was so strange. But, oh well! We got into the Park and headed directly for Rise of the Resistance. A few of us got rider swap passes and then headed for The Muppet show to wait our turn. 


[Heading into ROTR]

Theo hasn't been feeling well (neither have I), so I gave him some medication. Apparently I over did it a bit and he fell asleep pretty quickly. Poor kid. 


They wouldn't let us into the Muppet show since Theo was sleeping and I didn't want to put a mask on my sleeping child. So, we went and got a brownie while we waited for the rest of our party to finish up.




Theo has been singing a lot lately (it's so cute) and his favorite thing to sing is "Ra Ra Ra Ra!" It sounds like Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. So, Papa played it on his phone for all the little kids 😂

[Such a good babysitter!]

After the first group got off ROTR the second group got to go! It's such a fun ride!




I love these built-in changing tables! This one is the perfect size for Theo.


After ROTR we all headed into Galaxy's Edge to get our group photo in front of the Millennium Falcon! 

Side Note: I bought the little girls hot pink matching bows. Can you spot them in the picture?!


[Matching!]


[Being silly in line]


While most of the family went on Smugglers Run, I took Theo on a walk, fed him, and then got some Blue Milk.



[Hayden and Cason taking their naps too]

After Smugglers Run we went and got lunch at PizzeRizzo! The food is great and they have delicious gluten free options too.

Another nap for Theo at lunch time. He wasn't feeling the best, but he was still in a good mood. 



After lunch the family headed over to Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. This ride is SOOO cute and they do have a special cart that people in wheelchairs can use, BUT I feel like the ride is still a little too jerky for Theo. While everyone else waited in line Theo and I went on a LONG walk around the park. 


After they were done with the ride I took Cole with me on the rider swap. He was so excited to go again and not have to wait in line!


After Runaway Railway we ran over to the Beauty and Beast show to meet the rest of the family. They literally closed the chain right when Cole and I got there. I told the Cast Members that we had family inside ("There are 20 of them wearing these shirts and they are all super tall. Did you see them?") and they told me that if that was true I should call them and have them come out and get us. I thought it was strange that they would think I would lie about that, but I called Josh anyways. He was sitting in the wheelchair area with Theo, so he asked a Cast Member to come out and get us and she did. We got into the show right when it was starting. It was super cute and a nice break from walking around the park.

After finishing with Beauty and the Beast we headed to Tower of Terror while Papa and Grandma watched the smaller kids. This is one of my favorite rides and I was excited for Brodee to ride it. When we got off the ride all the kids were bragging about how super brave they were and how they weren't scared. The picture proved otherwise. Each kid was grabbing onto the adult they were sitting next to in complete terror. It was awesome! I know they were scared, but you can be scared AND have fun!

After Tower of Terror we got ice cream and then headed over to Toy Story Land. While the group rode Mania and Slinky Dog Dash, Theo and I went for a long walk through Galaxy's Edge.


We strolled through the Droid Builders shop and then went to have a juice at Docking Bay 7. My dad joined us there for some juice while we waited for everyone to finish with Slinky Dog Dash. I just love Galaxy's Edge especially at night!

[Droid Builders]


[Mania!]



[Slinky Dog Dash]


Since Slinky Dog Dash is Porters FAVORITE ride I chose him to ride with me for the rider swap. He was SOOOO excited to go on the ride for a second time and not have to wait in a long line again.


I asked him if he wanted to sit in the front row and he said "YES!" I kindly asked the Cast Member if that was okay and she had us wait a few extra minutes before granting us our request.

[First row!]

Porter was just too cute and had so much fun on the ride. He even reached out one time and grabbed my arm. That kid is so brave!


I texted the family and told them that we were in the front row, so they waited by the bridge to wave to us!


It was another successful day at Disney World! Even though Theo wasn't able to ride any of the rides at Hollywood Studios, he still had a great time and I had fun doing the rider swap and pushing Theo 10 miles around the Park!

No comments: