Sunday, December 19, 2021

EPIC Neilson Family Trip to Disney World - Part XIV: Heading Home

Today, December 18th, ended our EPIC Neilson Family Trip to Disney World. Of course, the trip couldn't end without a little drama. 

I thought that having Brodee fly out about 30 minutes before us would be the best course of action. We could get him to his gate area, pass him off to the flight attendants, and then go board our own flight. Turns out that's not how it works. Someone has to be at Brodee's gate and they can't leave until AFTER the plane takes off. UGH! 100% my fault for not reading all of the "Unaccompained Minor" instructions. I figured since we are paying them an additional $300 (each way) for Brodee to fly alone that they could at least make sure he gets on the plane. Again, my fault. They told us our only option was for Josh stay behind, get Brodee on his flight, and then take a later flight home. But then I remembered my parents were still at the house. We called my mom and they rushed to the airport. I took Theo through Security and to our gate while Josh waited with Brodee at the ticket counter for my mom to show up. She made it and was able to get Brodee through Security and to his gate on time. Since his gate was literally right next to ours, we were able to say goodbye before going to board our own flight (we had to board first because of Theo's mask exemption and his wheelchair). My mom stayed at Brodee's gate until they told her that his plane had lifted off. Thank you SOOOO SOOOO much for coming to our rescue! Lesson learned!

[Bye Brodee! Thanks for coming! I hope you had a great time!]

Our flight home was pretty much the same as the flight out: plenty of beard pulling and Peek a Boo Barn!


Theo did fall asleep for a little while, which was very nice.

[Using Josh's arm and Puppy as a pillow]

Luke, Andie, and their kids didn't fly out until the next day. So they went to breakfast at Ohana and then to Magic Kingdom one last time!











Tyson, Missy, and the boys didn't fly out until very late that night. So, they took advantage of the extra time and went to the beach for a few hours.


After mom and dad rescued us at the airport, they headed to Hilton Head where they will be staying until April. 

I just want to thank everyone for making this trip work! It was years in the making and I'm so glad we were able to get everyone together. 

And a special thank you to mom and dad for helping out so much with Theo. He can be a lot of work and I appreciate all of the support!

I'm already excited to see everyone in the summer in Ohio after baby boy Marlowe is born and we all go down to visit!

❤️❤️

No comments: